none
Using ActualWork/ActualCost from Assignments - doesn't match Timesheets? RRS feed

• Question

• Why might the ActualWork from the Assignment tables not match the ActualWork from the Timesheets tables? 
    • Edited by project11 Thursday, November 7, 2019 3:16 PM
    Thursday, November 7, 2019 3:15 PM

All replies

• Hi,

We would need more details but my first guess is related to the  timesheet status. Until the timesheet with the actuals is not approved AND published by the project manager, actuals won't be pushed to the assignments. Thus it might explains the differences between actuals in assignment and timesheet tables.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Friday, November 8, 2019 8:13 AM
  • Thanks Guillaume.

I need to pull a list of approved hours to send to our finance team - is it 'safer' to do this from the Timesheet tables because I don't need to worry about whether the plans are all published?

Friday, November 8, 2019 8:14 AM
  • Indeed if you use the approved timesheets, it would be easier. Just ensure that the option to force actuals from timesheets is enabled, so project managers cannot manually enter actuals in the proejcts.

Hope this helps,

Friday, November 8, 2019 9:25 AM
  • Perfect. The only complication is that they also want actual cost alongside the actual hours, and I can't see a way to get actual cost from the Timesheet tables? (which seems strange)
    Friday, November 8, 2019 10:13 AM
  • Indeed you won't have the associated costs in the timesheets. If you want to keep the same method (accessing approved actual hours in the timesheet tables) then you need to access also the rate table to make the calculation.

Otherwise you need to access the assignment costs but you will be dependant of the project publish. Note that you can create a job to automate project publish.

Hope this helps,

Friday, November 8, 2019 10:23 AM