none
Debug a core BizTalk pipeline RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is it possible to debug a core BizTalk Pipeline ? 

Given that I don't have the source code and can't therefore set break points.

Am having a problem with the "SWIFT Dissasembler" pipeline component and would like to be able to step through what is going on at run time.

Thanks,

John.

Friday, November 21, 2014 11:36 AM

Answers

All replies

• What is the problem with the SWIFT Dissembler pipeline component? Is it logging any errors? The SWIFT Disassembler component is SWIFT EAI Ready (implying that it is certified by SWIFT) so it is more likely that the problem is in your message.

Regards.

Friday, November 21, 2014 12:21 PM
  • Yes, but first, what's the problem?

SWIFT is a very rigid format so if there anything that should just work, that's it.

Friday, November 21, 2014 12:56 PM
  • Hi Johns-305,

Well to be honest, I'm trying to get SWIFT Accelerator 2013 working on a 2006 Dev server. I only really need the Dissasembler component and the Message schemas for the proposed solution. So far it has been an exercise of GAC'ing and moving dll's around. Everything has worked (until now) without any issues but now it looks like the the Dissasembler isn't even getting executed. I suspect I've run into dll versioning problems & this is where I might have to stop but I wanted to see what exactly was going on when the following error gets created:

There was a failure executing the receive pipeline: "SWIFTPipelines.MT103ReceivePipeline, SWIFTPipelines, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4a58d03b736aca6a" Source: "SWIFT Disassembler" Receive Port: "MT103_FlatFile_ReceivePort" URI: "C:\Training\SWIFTProject\Inbound\FlatFile\*.txt" Reason: Field not found: 'Microsoft.BizTalk.Streaming.XmlBufferedReaderStream.m_outputStream'.

We have a requirement to take an MT103 SWIFT (Flatfile) message from our banking system,

and convert it to xml, via BizTalk.

We are on 2006 R2 but there is currently no budget or appetite to upgrade.

Thanks,

John.

Friday, November 21, 2014 1:24 PM
  • Hi Shankycheil,

Well to be honest, I'm trying to get SWIFT Accelerator 2013 working on a 2006 Dev server. I only really need the Dissasembler component and the Message schemas for the proposed solution. So far it has been an exercise of GAC'ing and moving dll's around. Everything has worked (until now) without any issues but now it looks like the the Dissasembler isn't even getting executed. I suspect I've run into dll versioning problems & this is where I might have to stop but I wanted to see what exactly was going on when the following error gets created:

There was a failure executing the receive pipeline: "SWIFTPipelines.MT103ReceivePipeline, SWIFTPipelines, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4a58d03b736aca6a" Source: "SWIFT Disassembler" Receive Port: "MT103_FlatFile_ReceivePort" URI: "C:\Training\SWIFTProject\Inbound\FlatFile\*.txt" Reason: Field not found: 'Microsoft.BizTalk.Streaming.XmlBufferedReaderStream.m_outputStream'.

We have a requirement to take an MT103 SWIFT (Flatfile) message from our banking system,

and convert it to xml, via BizTalk.

We are on 2006 R2 but there is currently no budget or appetite to upgrade.

Thanks,

John.

Friday, November 21, 2014 1:25 PM
  • Well the SWIFT DASM/ASM components get deployed in the Pipeline Components folder under the BizTalk Installation Folder.. so it should be simple to check if the files exist and are GAC'ed.

Second is for you to check if the BRE is functioning and has the rules deployed. The DASM requires the BRE for validating the SWIFT Network Rules.

Thirdly try recollecting if someone tried to upgrade to the SWIFT Message Pack 2014 and in doing so affected the existing A4SWIFT configuration.

Of course and by all means log a call with Microsoft because on 2006 R2 you should be on paid support :D

Regards.

Friday, November 21, 2014 2:01 PM
  • Hi Shankycheil,

Thanks for your response.

Everything appears to be in situ i.e. Pipeline components are in BizTalk Install folder and in GAC. BRE rules deployed without any problems.

I have this working on an Azure BTS 2013 server so I am just cross referencing everything now. However this error doesn't seem to have come up, as far as I can see, on the web.

My only logical conclusion at this stage is that the version of 'Microsoft.BizTalk.Streaming.dll' is causing the problem. I decompiled the "Microsoft.Solutions.FinancialServices.SWIFT.PipelineComponents.SWIFTDasm" dll and noticed that it does reference this dll and a number of other out of the box BizTalk dll's.

Would be handy to know how to debug the pipeline anyhow, if you knew ?

Thanks again.

Kind regards,

John.

Friday, November 21, 2014 2:19 PM
  • Assuming you are properly licensed for the 2013 Accelerator, did you try just using the current MT103 schema with the 2006 R2 SWIFT dissassembler?  Meaning, don't try to install the entire 2013 Accelerator or Message Pack.

SWIFT messages really don't change much.

You can use dotPeek: http://www.jetbrains.com/decompiler/webhelp/Using_product_as_a_Symbol_Server.html

Friday, November 21, 2014 3:38 PM
  • Hi,

That's a good idea. Will give that a go.

Would be handy to know how to debug a core pipeline anyhow, if you knew ?

Thanks.

John.

Friday, November 21, 2014 3:52 PM
  • Hi,

That's a good idea. Will give that a go.

Would be handy to know how to debug a core pipeline anyhow, if you knew ?

Thanks.

John.

There is a special library to develop and debug the pipe components by Tomas Restrepo. It is a bit old, but since 2006 there was no significant changes in the pipes, so everything should work.

Leonid Ganeline [BizTalk MVP]

• Marked as answer by Swanny_T Friday, November 21, 2014 5:01 PM
    Friday, November 21, 2014 4:25 PM
    • Marked as answer by Swanny_T Friday, November 21, 2014 5:01 PM
    Friday, November 21, 2014 4:48 PM
  • Thanks Leonid,

Have just downloaded that.

Kind Regards,

John.

Friday, November 21, 2014 4:51 PM
  • Okay thanks,

I'll give that a go also. Lots to work with now !

Kind Regards,

John.

Friday, November 21, 2014 4:59 PM
  • Hi Swanny

did you manage to get this to work, I have the same issue ?

Torben

Wednesday, November 25, 2015 9:38 AM