none
ODBC Text Driver - Too few Parameters. Expected 1 RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a Pivot Table that uses an "External Data Source" which is a CSV file stored on the server.  The file gets updated (replaced) daily by an AS400 download.  When I refresh the data after the file has been replaced I get the error message [Microsoft][ODBC dBASE Driver] Too few parameters. Expected 1
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 5:39 PM

Answers

All replies

• I think we would need to see some code, including the SQL statement. The message is indicating that a parameter needs to be specified in the SQL statement. This could mean a few things, such as a misspelled column name or use of a reserved SQL keyword as a column in the statement, or, the obvious, that a parameter needs to be specified in order to execute the statement.

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Thursday, August 23, 2012 11:55 AM
  • The query is created by Excel when I create the Pivot table .. not by me.  I don't think I have access to the code itself, do I??

Celia

Friday, August 24, 2012 1:41 PM
  • The query is created by Excel when I create the Pivot table .. not by me.  I don't think I have access to the code itself, do I??

Celia

I don't know. Are you running this query from Microsoft Excel? It doesn't sound like you're using ADO.NET.

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Friday, August 24, 2012 1:55 PM
  • Hi deVet,

Are you writing a application which using ODBC Text Driver to connect csv file? It sounds like you are connect External Data Source in Microsoft Excel. If so, I suggest you to create a new thread in office answers forum or  Excel IT Pro Discussions.

Otherwise, could you please post your current code here?

Best Regards,

Bob Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, August 27, 2012 7:24 AM