none
MSB3270 Processor mismatch between SpeechClient.dll and Xamarin Android App RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have received the below warning when build Android App in VS2015 with Xamarin.

    warning MSB3270: There was a mismatch between the processor architecture of the project being built "MSIL" and the processor architecture of the reference "D:\Xamarin\Testing\SpeechApp1\packages\Microsoft.ProjectOxford.SpeechRecognition-x86.1.0.0.1\lib\SpeechClient.dll", "x86". This mismatch may cause runtime failures. Please consider changing the targeted processor architecture of your project through the Configuration Manager so as to align the processor architectures between your project and references, or take a dependency on references with a processor architecture that matches the targeted processor architecture of your project.

    I have tried the speechclient.dll (x86 and x64) and build the android app using build configuration (x86, x64 and Any CPU). I can not get results. When I run the app in device or emulator, it throws exception. 

    Compile using Android Version: Use Latest Platform(Android 6.0 (Marshmallow))
    Minimum Android to target: Android 4.1 (API Level 16 - Jelly Bean)/ and tried Android 4.4 (API Level 19 - Kit Kat)
    Target Android version: Use Compile using SDK version

    I got speechclient.dll from the below websites.

    https://www.nuget.org/packages/Microsoft.ProjectOxford.SpeechRecognition-x86/

    https://www.nuget.org/packages/Microsoft.ProjectOxford.SpeechRecognition-x64/

    This client library is supported in Xamarin android app or not . Please help me to solve this issue. 

    Monday, November 14, 2016 10:25 AM

All replies

  • Copying over my existing version of .NET Portable Library Reference Assemblies fixed the issue for me.

    I encountered this problem after installing a patch to Visual Studio 2015 Update 3, read vvolkgang's response and initially discounted it because I already had folders within C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETPortable, and the dates of those folders were later than those contained within the reference assemblies archive I had downloaded. What I should have done was to check the right part of the folder hierarchy. Take a look at your project file; in my case I had these settings:

    Reference to V4.6    <TargetFrameworkProfile>Profile44</TargetFrameworkProfile>
        <TargetFrameworkVersion>v4.6</TargetFrameworkVersion>

    or Reference to v4.5

    <TargetFrameworkProfile>Profile49</TargetFrameworkProfile>

    <TargetFrameworkVersion>v4.5</TargetFrameworkVersion>

    If those are your settings, you need to check the contents of C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETPortable\v4.5\Profile\Profile49. If you're using a different profile or targeting a different version of the framework, adjust the path accordingly. When I checked that folder, I discovered that I had lots of XML files but no DLLs; copying the files from Microsoft .NET Portable Library Reference Assemblies 4.6 and choosing not to replace any files that already existed fixed my build issues.


    Saturday, March 24, 2018 3:16 PM