not able to display image during runtime RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

i do not know when i get out of this .....

I have a image in system

i use parameter to pass the path like - file:c:/Lables/RGlogo.gif . while viewing the preview i give the path, the image gets displayed.

After deployment . during runtime if i pass the same path thru parameter it does not display at all.

i tried thru my application and thru  http://localhost/reportserver directly. neither works

pls help me out

suresh k

Thursday, February 2, 2006 12:29 PM

Answers

• When the report is previewed in Report Designer, preview uses the credentials of the user to display the image. When the report is run on the report server, the report server uses the unattended execution account to retrieve the image. If the unattended execution account is not specified, the image is retrieved using no credentials (anonymous user account). If either of these accounts have insufficient rights to access the image, the image will not be displayed in the report. For more information about setting the unattended execution account on the report server, see "Configuring an Account for Unattended Report Processing" in Reporting Services Books Online.

BTW, you should consider moving the images to a web server instead of having them in the file system.

-- Robert

Friday, February 3, 2006 6:53 AM