oData V3 WP Client Support RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I love that WCF Data Services v5 for oData v3 has been released and supports DataTimeOffset.  Is there an ETA of when the WP7 client will be available?

I'm currently having a problem with DateTime & time zones not being included in query results and being able to use this type would solve this problem.

When I use the DateTimeOffset type in SQL Server->EF->WCF Data Services, it can be consumed with no issue by the phone.  However, if I make a change to the DateTimeOffset property on the client and call Context.BeginSaveChanges() I receive the following exception:

Can't cast to unsupported type 'DateTimeOffset'

at System.Data.Services.Client.ClientConvert.GetEdmType(Type propertyType)
       at System.Data.Services.Client.DataServiceContext.WriteContentProperty(XmlWriter writer, String namespaceName, ClientProperty property, Object propertyValue)
       at System.Data.Services.Client.DataServiceContext.WriteContentProperties(XmlWriter writer, ClientType type, Object resource, EpmSourcePathSegment currentSegment, Boolean& propertiesWritten)
       at System.Data.Services.Client.DataServiceContext.CreateRequestData(EntityDescriptor box, Boolean newline)
       at System.Data.Services.Client.DataServiceContext.SaveResult.CreateChangeData(Int32 index, Boolean newline)
       at System.Data.Services.Client.DataServiceContext.SaveResult.GenerateBatchRequest(Boolean replaceOnUpdate)
       at System.Data.Services.Client.DataServiceContext.SaveResult.BatchBeginRequest(Boolean replaceOnUpdate)
       at System.Data.Services.Client.DataServiceContext.BeginSaveChanges(SaveChangesOptions options, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
       at Microsoft.Phone.Reactive.Observable.<>c__DisplayClass76`2.<FromAsyncPattern>b__74(SaveChangesOptions x)

Please let me know if you need additional information.

Thanks for the support, :)

Ant

Friday, September 7, 2012 8:11 PM

All replies

• Hi Ant,

We're not ready to release any dates about Windows Phone support for OData v3.0 services yet.
     That being said, I'm interested in seeing a repro of this issue.
     Please create a stand-alone repro of this issue and send it to me at  : PHANIRAJ AT Microsoft DOT COM.

Phani Raj Astoria http://blogs.msdn.com/PhaniRaj

Monday, September 10, 2012 9:59 PM