none
Excel 2013 Application Visible behavior RRS feed

• Question

• I am using code to manipulate the workbooks visible property in an excel application that has 2 workbooks.  In version 2003 the application.visible respected the workbook.visible propterties and displayed only the workbooks where visible = true.  In 2013 excel the application.visible (which is the only way to get the spreadsheet to the screen (screenupdating property does not display to the screen) ) makes all workbooks visible regardless of whether their visible property is true or false.  I need this to function as it did in excel 2003.  Please advise.  Thanks.

Friday, June 5, 2015 7:19 PM

Answers

• Hi KeithExc,

There is no such function in Excel 2013 object modle we can set the visible for the specfic workbook.

As a workaournd, we can open the specific workbook in a new Excel appliation instance and control the visiblity of Excel applicaiton instead of workbook. For example, we can use  code below in VBA to create a new Excel application.

Set app = CreateObject("Excel.Application")

Also if you want Excel 2013 to support enable the workbook visibility, I suggest that you submit the feedback from "Smile Face" at top right corner of Excel 2013.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, June 8, 2015 2:25 AM