none
How to "link" forms RRS feed

• Question

• I have 6 forms that all have the same record source (tableX). Each of the 6 forms have control sources that update a specific field in the tableX.  Basically, I have about 90 or so fields in the table, and those fields all are divided among the 6 forms.  I want to start at Frm1 and input the data. On the last "text box" (after update) I would like to have Frm2 open to the first text box for data entry on the same record, while closing Frm1 and saving the data entered.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Thursday, June 23, 2016 9:25 PM

Answers

• Hi. It should be doable using VBA, but it might be simpler to use a Tab control with each section form as a subform on a main form (could be unbound). Just my 2 cents...
    Thursday, June 23, 2016 9:30 PM
  • Hi Turnnos,

For another way, I would suggest you try Form event.

>> On the last "text box" (after update) I would like to have Frm2 open to the first text box for data entry on the same record

For this, you could try AfterUpdate event of TextBox, DoCmd.OpenForm to open a form with a filter. You also could save data and close form in this event.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, June 24, 2016 2:36 AM

All replies

• Hi. It should be doable using VBA, but it might be simpler to use a Tab control with each section form as a subform on a main form (could be unbound). Just my 2 cents...
    Thursday, June 23, 2016 9:30 PM
  • Hi Turnnos,

For another way, I would suggest you try Form event.

>> On the last "text box" (after update) I would like to have Frm2 open to the first text box for data entry on the same record

For this, you could try AfterUpdate event of TextBox, DoCmd.OpenForm to open a form with a filter. You also could save data and close form in this event.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, June 24, 2016 2:36 AM