Microsoft visual studio error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello sir/Madam,

I have a windows 8 pre-installed on a Sony Vaio laptop. I downloaded visual studio 2013 from the microsoft website. Download Link - https://app.vssps.visualstudio.com/profile/review?download=True&family=VisualStudioExpressWindows&release=VisualStudio2013RTM&type=iso&slcid=0x409

Now when I try installing, it gives me an error saying - setup is blocked and this requires a newer version of windows. I am not able to update to a newer version of windows  - windows 8.1. I did the required update KB 2871389. But even that doesn't seem to work. Kindly help

Yours truly,

Ashwin

Monday, October 28, 2013 10:15 AM

Answers

• Visual Studio 2013 Express for Windows, is for building Windows Store applications targeting Windows 8.1. Hence the Windows 8.1 requirement.

Visual Studio 2013 Express for Desktop on the other hand, is for building desktop applications using Win32 or .NET, and is probably the download your looking for.

Sincerely,

Ed Dore

Monday, October 28, 2013 5:42 PM

All replies

• Which edition of VS 2013 are you trying to install? Certain editions do require Win 8.1.
    Monday, October 28, 2013 1:50 PM
  • I am trying to install Visual studio express 2013. Please do check the download link I have provided.
    Monday, October 28, 2013 3:47 PM
  • Visual Studio 2013 Express for Windows, is for building Windows Store applications targeting Windows 8.1. Hence the Windows 8.1 requirement.

Visual Studio 2013 Express for Desktop on the other hand, is for building desktop applications using Win32 or .NET, and is probably the download your looking for.

Sincerely,

Ed Dore

Monday, October 28, 2013 5:42 PM