Could not load assembly RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a BizTalk project that was tested and deployed fine to the production. The project has been running fine after deployment but recently, when checking the application log, I see the following warning:

"The adapter "SQL" raised an error message. Details "Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Data.SqlXml, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

The project has not been changed after deployed, the BizTalk server have not been changed or updated. BizTalk is 2010 an enterprise version with SQL Server 2008 R2 residing in a different server. Everything was installed properly and working.

Could someone please help me decipher what the message really said? My guess is: I have missed an assembly but it was all working fine with no error or warning in the past. How do I determine which assembly is missing?

Thanks!

Thursday, January 19, 2012 12:45 PM

Answers

• The SQLXML 4.0 with Service Pack 1 is available in the Redistributable CAB Files for BizTalk 2010. Re-install it from the CAB file.

Please mark the post answered your question as answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, it'll help other users who are visiting your thread for the similar problem, Regards -Rohit Sharma (http://rohitbiztalk.blogspot.com)
    • Proposed as answer by Roopesh Varma Thursday, January 19, 2012 3:20 PM
    • Marked as answer by FrankTo Thursday, January 19, 2012 3:23 PM
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 2:09 PM

All replies

• The Microsoft.Data.SqlXml assembly comes with SQLXML 4.0 SP1. which is required for installing BizTalk. It should reside in your GAC (c:\windows\assembly). Please verify that the assembly is in fact missing from your GAC.

If it is missing it must have been deleted after the BizTalk runtime was configured/installed, since there is a depenency. You must then DL and install it again.

Morten la Cour

Thursday, January 19, 2012 1:03 PM
  • Thanks La Cour for your prompt assistance. I checked in Windows\assembly and do not seem to see Microsoft.Data.SqlXml. Would it just a simple download and install the assembly or do I need to do something else in BizTalk beside restarting the host instance?

I am just curious: although the assembly is missing, I only get a warning in the log and I have just checked: BizTalk operation was running fine without the assembly. How is the missing assembly going to affect its operation? I am asking because I would like to see if I can delay putting it back since it is in production environment and I would not like to disrupt users activities.

Thanks again!

Thursday, January 19, 2012 1:17 PM
  • Hello Frank

I think you can try doing a BizTalk Installation (Repair ) .. normally the SQLXML should be installed for the BizTalk Installation to begin as its a pre-requisite. Now thatit got removed ( for reason whatsoever) you can either try a 'Repair' of the BTS Installation and hoping that it will solve the issue or try downloading the SQLXML and installing it. 

HTH.

Thanks & Regards,
    Roopesh Varma

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” or "Vote As Helpful" on the post that helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 1:30 PM
  • The SQLXML 4.0 with Service Pack 1 is available in the Redistributable CAB Files for BizTalk 2010. Re-install it from the CAB file.

Please mark the post answered your question as answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, it'll help other users who are visiting your thread for the similar problem, Regards -Rohit Sharma (http://rohitbiztalk.blogspot.com)
    • Proposed as answer by Roopesh Varma Thursday, January 19, 2012 3:20 PM
    • Marked as answer by FrankTo Thursday, January 19, 2012 3:23 PM
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 2:09 PM
  • Thanks!

But I am curious why it did not cause error for BizTalk operations but just a warning inside the log. Does anyone know what is the implication of missing this assembly? Does the assembly really necessary?

Thursday, January 19, 2012 3:27 PM