Breakpoints Not Being Hit RRS feed

• Question

• Ok, I'm totally confused.  I installed my Visual Studio 2008 RTM version on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.  I have a built a simple solution that consists of a Windows Forms project, and two class library projects, all three written in C#.  Everything builds successfully.  However, when I run the application, the dlls for the two class library projects are never loaded, and therefore none of the breakpoints are hit.  Everything worked fine on my previous machine which was running Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit.

One of the assemblies is strongly named.  However, it is delayed signed, but added for verification skipping.  If I remove the verification skipping and delay signing from the properties, the breakpoints work.  So, it has to do with the signing, but it was working previously on my old machine.  I can't figure out what the difference is on why it's not working on the new machine.
    Saturday, February 27, 2010 7:53 PM

Answers

• Actually, I resolved the issue shortly after I posted this.  I know the project is not debuggable when it is delay signed, that's why I run sn -Vr on the assembly after the fact.

The problem is I had a 32-bit machine, but now I am working on a 64-bit machine and had to use the 64-bit version of the tools for the debugging to work.  At least, that's how it was resolved and now the breaking points are being hit.
    • Marked as answer by liurong luo Tuesday, March 2, 2010 3:18 AM
    Monday, March 1, 2010 2:39 PM

All replies

• Hello,

If a project is delay signed, the project will not be debuggable. Please unsign the Library before debugging it.

Best regards
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework!
    Monday, March 1, 2010 5:46 AM
  • Actually, I resolved the issue shortly after I posted this.  I know the project is not debuggable when it is delay signed, that's why I run sn -Vr on the assembly after the fact.

The problem is I had a 32-bit machine, but now I am working on a 64-bit machine and had to use the 64-bit version of the tools for the debugging to work.  At least, that's how it was resolved and now the breaking points are being hit.
    • Marked as answer by liurong luo Tuesday, March 2, 2010 3:18 AM
    Monday, March 1, 2010 2:39 PM
  • Good work! Thanks for sharing!

Cheers!

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework!
    Tuesday, March 2, 2010 3:19 AM