Visual Studio Error Com Reference RRS feed

• Question

• Error 3 Unable to open file 'C:\Users\Terry\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\CalculateMortgage\CalculateMortgage\obj\x86\Debug\CalculateMortgage.frmCalculate.resources': The system cannot find the file specified.  CalculateMortgage

Error 2 Could not resolve COM reference "8ae029d0-08e3-11d1-baa2-444553540000" version 3.0. Object reference not set to an instance of an object. CalculateMortgage

Warning 1 Cannot get the file path for type library "bef6e001-a874-101a-8bba-00aa00300cab" version 2.0. Library not registered. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002801D (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED)) CalculateMortgage

Sunday, August 5, 2012 10:10 AM

All replies

• Hi,

can you give more details what you are doing? Did you check that the file is there ('C:\Users\Terry\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\CalculateMortgage\CalculateMortgage\obj\x86\Debug\CalculateMortgage.frmCalculate.resources')?
    What COM element are you using? Maybe you have to install the missing com component first (but maybe it is a followup error because of the other error?

Without details we cannot help you at all, sorry.

Also be aware: This forum covers the Developer Documentation and MS Help System only. There might be better forums for your topic, but I cannot suffest anything because I do not have enough information. A good choice is always to go into the language specific forum e.g. into the C++ forum (Just a guess that you might be using c++ in your project!)

With kind regards,

Konrad

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 9:31 AM
  • I was trying to create an excel Template for a mortgage calculator. but I ended up using a text box instead.

Terry Walsh

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 11:10 PM