Using x-ms-webview.goBack() method....

Question

• Hi Guys

I am using webview element in my windows 8.1 HTML5 app.But while using it I am unable to correctly use goBack() method which allows to go back to previous webpage....instead when I am clicking that button , it is suspending the app.Kindly help.

Also I want the user to safely go to a browser as he clicks on to a link, without any damage to appstate.....can anyone help me acheive this??

Thanks

Tuesday, July 08, 2014 6:37 PM

Answers

• Hi shashankiitian,

I don't think a goBack() method will suspend the app unless you have some wrong setting or code, if possible, could you provide us a reproducible demo to test? Upload to OneDrive could be a good option.

You may need the result of canGoBack to ensure the goBack() method works correctly.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, July 10, 2014 2:41 AM
  • Sorry we can't, the app state is managed by system but not us. But you can always save the current app state and reload it when app resume.

For your second question, read this might help: How to launch the default app for a file (JavaScript)

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 3:05 AM

All replies

• Hi shashankiitian,

I don't think a goBack() method will suspend the app unless you have some wrong setting or code, if possible, could you provide us a reproducible demo to test? Upload to OneDrive could be a good option.

You may need the result of canGoBack to ensure the goBack() method works correctly.

--James

Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Thursday, July 10, 2014 2:41 AM
  • Thanks for the answer james.

I want the user to safely go to a browser as he clicks on to a link, without any damage to appstate.....can anyone help me acheive this??

Also I want to let the user open a pdf file in another pdf reader and not in my app.how can I acheive this contract with windows 8 HTML 5 app?

Monday, July 28, 2014 2:08 PM
  • Sorry we can't, the app state is managed by system but not us. But you can always save the current app state and reload it when app resume.

For your second question, read this might help: How to launch the default app for a file (JavaScript)

--James

Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 3:05 AM