none
VS 2017 Designer View

Question

• VS 2017 has the Razor syntax, but why would someone use it?  It's not possible to actually see the controls you're laying out? Are we supposed to guess or use some memorized grid coordinates to guess where to place things?

Basically, I am asking, how the hell are we supposed to layout a UI when VS IDE does not provide a way to see what we are doing?  Please, nobody who uses notepad to write websites answer. You people are freaks and the answer won't be something us common folk can do. 

Anyway. What the hell VS 2017 IDS team?

Monday, April 24, 2017 10:06 PM

All replies

• Hi my friend,

Welcome to the MSDN forum and thank you for your feedback.

As far as I know, the Views use Razor syntax, which allows code to interact with HTML with minimal code or ceremony. Razor is a markup syntax for embedding server based code into web pages. The default Razor language is HTML. Rendering HTML from Razor is no different than in an HTML file.

For the more information, please have a look at this: Razor syntax

If you want to preview during coding, you can think about ASP.NET Web Application-Web Forms, the .aspx have the Design, Split and Source mode and help us to preview the layout.

If you still want the design mode for the . cshtml file, please redirect to the: Visual Studio IDE User Voice and share this suggestion to the VS Product Team, you will get a more professional confirmation and feedback from the VS Product Team, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 27, 2017 9:05 AM