none
'File not found:' when application opens and during compile RRS feed

  • Question

  • This is bizarre. I've never seen anything like it. I start my application, and a msgbox pops up saying "File not found:"

    Thats it. No file name, no other hint. Then it throws up the IDE. But modules are automatically opened. I can open them, but what am I looking for?

    I try to compile, and it gives me same popup box "File not found:"

    Anyone ever experience this?
    Wednesday, January 13, 2016 9:37 PM

Answers

  • I thought so too, but I only worked on some class modules which referenced no files. But I still double checked modules that used any files. No luck. Then I copied the accdb file in question to another desktop, and boom - it compiles fine. Strange, so I just replaced it by copying it back to original desktop, and now it works. I don't know whether to keep looking for any bugs, or just thank the Dev Gods for the safe return of my project. Might be a symptom of something more, but who knows. Wish me luck. Thanks again!
    • Marked as answer by HTHP Thursday, January 14, 2016 10:31 PM
    Wednesday, January 13, 2016 10:54 PM

All replies

  • This is bizarre. I've never seen anything like it. I start my application, and a msgbox pops up saying "File not found:"

    Thats it. No file name, no other hint. Then it throws up the IDE. But modules are automatically opened. I can open them, but what am I looking for?

    I try to compile, and it gives me same popup box "File not found:"

    Anyone ever experience this?

    Hi HTHP,

    I assume that somewhere in the code you ask for a file, but that is not found.

    Step with the debugger through your code, and try to find the place where you ask for the file.

    Imb.

    Wednesday, January 13, 2016 9:59 PM
  • I thought so too, but I only worked on some class modules which referenced no files. But I still double checked modules that used any files. No luck. Then I copied the accdb file in question to another desktop, and boom - it compiles fine. Strange, so I just replaced it by copying it back to original desktop, and now it works. I don't know whether to keep looking for any bugs, or just thank the Dev Gods for the safe return of my project. Might be a symptom of something more, but who knows. Wish me luck. Thanks again!
    • Marked as answer by HTHP Thursday, January 14, 2016 10:31 PM
    Wednesday, January 13, 2016 10:54 PM