none
[WP8.1]Windows.UI.Xaml Access Violation in Windows Phone 8.1 app RRS feed

• Question

• I have a page where the user can detect barcodes/qrcodes. The XAML contains a CaptureElement, two RadioButtons and the CommandBar. When I navigate from this page (not when I navigate back), sometimes the app crashes. After debugging the native code it turned out that it's a Windows.UI.Xaml Access Violation. This is the call stack:

http://pastebin.com/S31g3mJc

The interesting thing is that, as I said, when I navigate backwards from this page, it doesn't crash. Only if I navigate to a new page from it. Any idea what's wrong?

Sunday, July 12, 2015 5:59 PM

All replies

• Hi WPAhmed,

Welcome to the Developing Universal Windows apps forum! 
    Please read the sticky posts, especially the Guide to posting: subject line tags and Known Issues for Windows 10 SDK and Tools  

When meeting the Access Violation Crash on Windows Phone, please try to check the following article about how to fix this issue:
    http://www.codeproject.com/Tips/899026/Access-Violation-Crash-on-Windows-Phone-Devices .
    If it still does not work, please try to post a simple reproduced project in here.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, July 13, 2015 5:28 AM
    Owner
  • Thank you! I've already went through that codeproject tip. It didn't help me, that's why I posted here. I thought maybe someone can figure out what's wrong from the callstack (or at least give me a hint where to look for the bug). 
    Monday, July 13, 2015 10:28 AM
  • Hi WPAhmed,

Could you please try to post a simple reproduced project in here? I want to have a test in my side.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 2:27 AM
    Owner