ASP.NET Core 3.1 OData with Endpoint Routing and Versioning RRS feed

• Question

• User-348859257 posted

Hi!

I am creating an ASP.NET Core 3.1 OData project using endpoint routing (it is already supported) and versioning.

While registering my OData route I have not one but two models (`IEdmModel`), which I get from `VersionedODataModelBuilder`, one for each API version (I have two for now).
    I am registering the endpoint as this:

endpoints.MapODataRoute("odata", "odata/v{version:apiversion}", models.First());  //or models.First()

The problem is, I need to have an endpoint for each model, otherwise, the endpoint will only have knowledge of one, and the endpoint also needs to take a parameter for the API version.

This is working, in a way, but, as I said, the endpoint will always get the same model, which may not be appropriate (different properties or different functions per version, for example).
    In older versions of OData Versioning there was a `MapVersionedODataRoute` extension method which took a collection of models, but it's now gone.

Any ideas on how to achive this?

Thanks!

Monday, June 22, 2020 7:56 PM

All replies

• User-348859257 posted

One possible alternative is to have an endpoint for each version:

endpoints.MapODataRoute("odata", "odata/v1.0", models.ElementAt(0));

endpoints.MapODataRoute("odata", "odata/v2.0", models.ElementAt(1));

Bun in this case the endpoint knows nothing about the version, that is, it does not respect the [ApiVersion] attributes on the action methods.

Wednesday, June 24, 2020 9:49 AM