Help! I want to create my own video renderer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to create my own video renderer using DirectShow GraphFilter. I want to access the current image from a video to bind it on a openGL texture. I have tried to add a "Sample Grabber" in the filtergraph and access the current buffer with GetCurrentBuffer(). But it works only until a certain resolution : I reach 960x600. And over there, my framerate is very low.
    I'm using visual c++ 2005 express edition with  Bi-Xeon@3GHz with a 6600GT 256Mb

When I try my renderer in a more powerful machine (Core2Duo E6400 with 8800GTX 764Mb) I can reach the resolution of 1440x900.

However, the video is palying right with the windows media player even if I play a 1920x1200 video on my bi-xeon.

How can I  do my video renderer in order to have a good framerate with high resolution videos?

Thanks.
    Friday, March 9, 2007 9:51 AM

Answers

• The right forum for DirectShow questions is http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/showforum.aspx?forumid=129&siteid=1

Take a look at the Texture3D9 sample in the Windows SDK. It does the kind of thing you're talking about (but with D3D).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mike Wasson, SDK Documentation
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use.

(c) 2007 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved

Friday, March 9, 2007 10:15 PM