Visual Studio 2005 and Team Foundation Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I am trying to connect visual studio 2005 to team foundation server, but it won't connect. The team foundation server is installed on windows 2003 server server that is connect to a Linksys wireless router (WRT54GS) with a static ip, while I am running visual studio 2005 on my laptop running windows XP SP2.

Is there a specific port that I have to configure the router to forward to TFS?
    Also when I installed TFS, I did a single server installation, would that be the issue?

Any help would greatly appreciate.

Thanks,
    IJ

Sunday, October 23, 2005 5:07 PM

Answers

• Windows Server 2003 does have a firewall, so you'll need to make sure that it's allowing port 8080 traffic as well.  You can get to it through the Control Panel.
    Wednesday, October 26, 2005 7:15 PM

All replies

• It sounds like both machines are behind your router (correct me if wrong) so its port settings shouldn't come into play.  If you have any software firewalls on the two machines, check to see if they're allowing port 8080.

Can you reach the following page?
    http://your.static.ip.here:8080/versioncontrol/v1.0/administration.asmx
    Monday, October 24, 2005 2:51 PM
  • Thanks for the reply..
    The only firewall that I have on my Windows XP is the one that comes in SP2.
    I am not a Windows Serevr 2003 expert, so I wouldn't know if it comes with a built in firewall by default.

Thanks,
    IJ
    Monday, October 24, 2005 4:30 PM
  • Windows Server 2003 does have a firewall, so you'll need to make sure that it's allowing port 8080 traffic as well.  You can get to it through the Control Panel.
    Wednesday, October 26, 2005 7:15 PM