app won't install from the Microsoft store RRS feed

• Question

• I have email from my customer:

"The app won't install from the Microsoft store for the ABC phonics app.  I paid and it won't download."

How I can help him?

• Edited by vovkas Thursday, January 31, 2013 8:07 AM
    Wednesday, January 30, 2013 7:53 AM

Answers

• Hello, 

You can ask him to try the following :

1.)    Check to see if you are using a local account or a Live account on the system. If you are using a local account try changing to a Live account by going to the main Metro screen and clicking on your account name in the upper right corner. Click on the option to “Change account picture” then click the user option.  There should now be an option to “Switch” the account to a Microsoft account (this is the Live account).

2.)    Check the setting for Date/Time by choosing the Desktop tile and then left click on the date/time in the corner. Click on change date and time settings. And then verify the time zone is correct as well as the internet time tab has the option to Synchronize with Internet time server.

3.)    Make sure that all Windows Updates are current by going to the Desktop tile and click on the Charms menu on the right hand side of the screen (or Windows key+C) and choose “search” type “Update” in the search field to find the Windows Update and go through that update process. 

Good Luck!

• Proposed as answer by Alex App Friday, February 1, 2013 2:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by Roberts_EModerator Wednesday, May 29, 2013 12:52 AM
    Friday, February 1, 2013 2:57 PM