Alert for Azure Files Sync "No Activity" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone!

I am trying to setup an email alert for when a server endpoint shows "No Activity" and therefore the sync is broken?

Been using Azure Files Sync for a few months now but our most important sync group stopped due to this error which caused a nightmare and a simple email triggered off that status for any endpoint would have saved the day!

See attached snips of one endpoint that still has the error!

Tuesday, January 28, 2020 11:56 AM

All replies

• Server endpoint has a health status of “No Activity” or “Pending” and the server state on the registered servers blade is “Appears offline”

This issue can occur if the Storage Sync Monitor process (AzureStorageSyncMonitor.exe) is not running or the server is unable to access the Azure File Sync service.

For future troubleshooting, please refer to this articl : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/files/storage-sync-files-troubleshoot?tabs=portal1%2Cazure-portal

You may also refer to the suggestion mentioned in this MSDN link

Hope this helps!

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.
       ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community member.

Tuesday, January 28, 2020 12:02 PM
  • The server state on the registered servers blade shows "Online" and does the whole time.

Sorry maybe I didn't explain properly, I'm not trying to fix the issue I have already done that and know what to do in the future.

I just need an alert to email our team when the endpoint status shows "No Activity" ?

• Edited by KevinTalbot Tuesday, January 28, 2020 12:07 PM
    Tuesday, January 28, 2020 12:05 PM
  • When you select the storage sync service in the portal, take a look at the Metrics and Alert blade in the menu on the left. You can play with the different alert options - for example you could use bytes synced over the time range that fits your scenario and alert if it falls below a certain threshold (You can filter on a specific server endpoint as well).
    Tuesday, January 28, 2020 5:40 PM
  • @KevinTalbot You can't alert on "no activity" status

All our metrics are described here and can be used to set up alerting: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/files/storage-sync-files-monitoring

Hope this helps!

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.
       ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community member.

Wednesday, January 29, 2020 4:36 AM
  •  Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Tuesday, February 18, 2020 4:04 PM
  • Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Tuesday, February 25, 2020 12:01 PM