What access is needed to be able to publish an InfoPath form? RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I have a subsite (from a site collection) where InfoPath forms should be published. I gave already admin rights to the user publishing these forms but still they cannot do it. What access needs to be granted on both the site collection and the site where the forms should go so that the user can publish these?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Gonçalo

Gonçalo
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 9:52 AM

Answers

• Admin rights are much more than needed, but it depends on how the user is publishing.  What method is being used?  Where exactly does the user have admin rights, and what exactly do you mean by admin rights (there is no permission called "admin," so I'm just clarifying)?

What are this user's rights at the site collection root?

PS.  You have Gonçalo in your signature, so you don't need to type it manually in your posts.  =)

SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    • Marked as answer by Leoyi Sun Friday, April 1, 2011 2:02 AM
    Friday, March 25, 2011 3:49 AM
  • There is an association with content types when publishing forms.  However, I need you to tell me HOW this person is publishing.  I asked that initially.  There are multiple publish methods, and if there is any code, it tries to deploy to the sandbox at the site collection root.
    Friday, March 25, 2011 2:29 PM

All replies

• Admin rights are much more than needed, but it depends on how the user is publishing.  What method is being used?  Where exactly does the user have admin rights, and what exactly do you mean by admin rights (there is no permission called "admin," so I'm just clarifying)?

What are this user's rights at the site collection root?

PS.  You have Gonçalo in your signature, so you don't need to type it manually in your posts.  =)

Friday, March 25, 2011 3:49 AM
  • Thanks Clayton,

Yes, I will try to be more specific:

I have a publishing portal. Underneath, I have another site with publishing feature enabled and then underneath this I have another site with the publishing feature also enabled. All users have read access to the portal and to the site underneath it. I need to delegate the publishing of InfoPath forms on the site underneath this last (3rd level site) so I gave the user full control to this (as I reminder this user has read access to the portal and 2nd level site). Now the user can manually create and delete libraries on the site, but he can not publish the InfoPath forms.

I don't understand why?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

P.S: Thanks for the signature tip

Gonçalo
    Friday, March 25, 2011 8:21 AM
  • There is an association with content types when publishing forms.  However, I need you to tell me HOW this person is publishing.  I asked that initially.  There are multiple publish methods, and if there is any code, it tries to deploy to the sandbox at the site collection root.
    Friday, March 25, 2011 2:29 PM
  • Dear Clayton,

the user is publishing the form to a SHarePoint library and with Domain Trust.

If you need to know something else, please let me know.

Thanks.

Regards,

Gonçalo
    Monday, March 28, 2011 3:23 PM
  • Directly to the form library and not as a content type?
    Monday, March 28, 2011 4:02 PM
  • Yes. Not as a content type. The form does not have code either.
    Gonçalo
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 9:13 AM