none
Visual Studio 2019 express RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I just actually posted a question here maybe 1/2 hour ago that Alex answered.  After I downloaded it I was offered a community version which I did download and it ran fine however it said it was a trial version good for 30 days.  I have been working with Express versions and would like to be directed where I can download that.

I appreciate your help

Les

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 5:54 AM

Answers

• Hi Les2011,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Since you have installed the Community version, it is free for you to use.

>>Any version of Visual Studio requires an account login, it is just that you can use it for 30 days without an account login and then be prompted to log in. Since the community version is free, you only need to register and log into a Microsoft account to use it permanently for free.

BTW, you can refer to this  license to check whether you meet the requirements to use

Hope it could help you.

Best Regards,

Perry

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, August 15, 2019 2:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If the 30-day trial license expires, you will need to sign up for an MSDN account and log in with your account, then click "Check for updated licenses" in the Account Settings dialog box, you can use the VS community for permanent.

Best Regards,

Alex

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 6:28 AM

"

Unlock the Visual Studio Community edition - If your Community edition installation prompts you for a license, sign in to the IDE to unblock yourself.

"

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 6:31 AM
  • Hi Alex,

I never had to sign up for an MSDN account and prefer not to.  Where is the Express version available?

Thx for your help as always

Les

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 6:32 AM
  • Hi Castorix

Not quite sure what you mean?  How do you unlock the community edition and then how do you sign into the IDE??? I never got a prompt for a license? Can you provide me a clearer solution?

Thx

• Edited by Les2011 Wednesday, August 14, 2019 6:39 AM
    Wednesday, August 14, 2019 6:38 AM
  • Hi Les2011,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Since you have installed the Community version, it is free for you to use.

>>Any version of Visual Studio requires an account login, it is just that you can use it for 30 days without an account login and then be prompted to log in. Since the community version is free, you only need to register and log into a Microsoft account to use it permanently for free.

BTW, you can refer to this  license to check whether you meet the requirements to use

Hope it could help you.

Best Regards,

Perry

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, August 15, 2019 2:46 AM
  • Hi Perry,

First thank you for your help.  In the past versions I have worked with there was an express version has that changed and is that now called Community??  I thought there was a difference between Community and Express.  Can you comment??

Les

Thursday, August 15, 2019 3:11 AM
  • Hi Les2011,

Thanks for your feedback.

The express version has no license to limit your use. But the community, professional and enterprise  all have the license.

The express version subdivides the development module, such as for windows desktop, for web, for windows 10. You can choose specific modules according to your own needs.

The community version is equivalent to integrating the various development modules of the express segment. The development modules that express can use can also be used in community.

Besides, one thing they all have in common is that they are free to use.

Hope it could help you.

Best Regards,

Perry

Thursday, August 15, 2019 4:28 AM
  • Hi Perry

Thanks once again for your feedback.  So if I understand you correctly I am actually better off with the community version then the Express right?

If so thank you,

Les

Thursday, August 15, 2019 5:31 AM
  • Hi Les2011,

Since you have used the express version before, you have no problem using the community version, and this is the official Microsoft recommended visual studio 2019 community instead of express version.

Best Regards,

Perry

Thursday, August 15, 2019 6:00 AM