Unable to disable the User Account Control (UAC) RRS feed

• Question

• My OS is:

Microsoft Windows XP

professional 2002

Service Pack 3

From almost one day i am trying to disable the UAC on this OS.

Method 1:

ControlPanel >  User Accounts

All i see is options, Change an account, Create a new account and chnge the way user log on or off. i dont see any other option inside them to disable UAC.

Method 2:

Start >  Run >  MSCONFIG, under tool i dont see the option "Disable UAC" or "Enable UAC"

Method 3:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System .. i dont see the DWORD UA

Method 4:

ControlPanel > Administrative Tools >  Local Security Policy

Local Policies >  Security Options --  i dont see any policy related to User Account control.

I know the last two methods are for VISTA, but still i dont see any way to disable the UAC on my machine. Any help please?

I logged into the machine using all the accounts that were present, even with accounts of computer administrator but i don't see the User Accounts and Family Safety.

Any help please?

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 6:48 PM

All replies

• There is no UAC in Windows XP. not sure what are you trying to do.

This forum is for writing software that interacts with Windows security APIs. If you need help in using Windows, you probably want to visit answers.microsoft.com, which has more experts on Windows consumer features.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 4:08 AM