Virus Scan for Asp.Net 1.1 web application(C#) RRS feed

• Question

• User1010601552 posted

Hi All, 

I have a Asp.Net 1.1 C# web application and I am trying to find a protection engine that I can use to do virus scanning when users try to upload file from the website. 

I have looked through Symantec_Protection_Engine_CS_7.5.2.8 but this SDK requires ASP.NET 3.5 which my web application is not able to cater for. 

Does anyone know of any third party virus scanning software that can cater for asp.net 1.1 framework.

Appreciate anyone who can help. Thanks.

Monday, November 16, 2015 2:07 AM

All replies

• User753101303 posted

Hi,

Don't kow but as 1.1 is outdated;: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle?p1=1249 you could consider upgrading to 2.0 (3.5 is just an in place update) if not 4.x.

Also the file should be scanned automatically by your AV sotfware as soon as it is saved or do you really need some kind of deeper integration?

Monday, November 16, 2015 7:16 AM
  • User1010601552 posted

I need a third party tool to integrate into my web application. Meaning if an user uses the website to upload some files, I will need to do a virus scan when he/she tries to upload the file and click on the 'Save' button. If there is a virus, to immediately inform the user that the file is being removed or got virus. 

Monday, November 16, 2015 8:56 PM