How to set CategoryAttribute of custom property in Windows Store Apps?

Question

• I've developed a custom template control (derived from Control) and added some additional dependency properties. However, all my custom properties show in the Miscellaneous category in the designer's property grid. I thought I could just add a CategoryAttribute to get them into the appropriate category. However, System.ComponentModel.CategoryAttribute is not supported in Windows Store Apps. Can anyone tell me how to get my properties into the appropriate category? Thanks.
    Sunday, May 18, 2014 12:56 PM

Answers

• Hi DogFatherOf2,

Normally the category of the properties is defined by the [Category("xxxx")] above the method, however I don't think Windows Store App support this. I'm afraid you can't customize it.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, May 19, 2014 8:49 AM

All replies

• Hi DogFatherOf2,

Normally the category of the properties is defined by the [Category("xxxx")] above the method, however I don't think Windows Store App support this. I'm afraid you can't customize it.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, May 19, 2014 8:49 AM
  • Boo, hoo :-{ !!

Thanks for the response.

DogFather2

Friday, May 23, 2014 11:18 AM