How to increase the maximun limit for number of compile errors in VS2008 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Am using VS2008, after i have converted my project from vb6 to vb.net and so the number of compile errors have reached the maximum limit upto 102 errors. Is the a way to increase it?

I couln't find the below key,

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\9.0\Setup\EDev\CodeAnalysisErrorListViolationLimit

Also there is no setting like below,

Tools->Options->Database Tools->Design-time Validation Database

Could anyone please help me in this issue.

Thanks, Karthikeyan.V

Monday, June 4, 2012 1:59 PM

Answers

• There is no such possibility, as said in this topic:

No, the number of warnings/errors is limited to 100 (plus one to say that the maximum has been exceeded). 

Hire me: remote (telecommute) .NET / C# developer, 10+ y.o.e. see my profile for contacts.

• Edited by Dmitry Pavlov Monday, June 4, 2012 5:10 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Dmitry Pavlov Monday, June 4, 2012 5:12 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ego Jiang Friday, June 8, 2012 2:26 AM
    Monday, June 4, 2012 5:10 PM

All replies

• There is no such possibility, as said in this topic:

No, the number of warnings/errors is limited to 100 (plus one to say that the maximum has been exceeded). 

Hire me: remote (telecommute) .NET / C# developer, 10+ y.o.e. see my profile for contacts.

• Edited by Dmitry Pavlov Monday, June 4, 2012 5:10 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Dmitry Pavlov Monday, June 4, 2012 5:12 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ego Jiang Friday, June 8, 2012 2:26 AM
    Monday, June 4, 2012 5:10 PM
  • Hi Dmitry,

If that is the case, then it is very tough to live with this constrain. It poorly help me in estimation of effort. I really hate this limitation :(

Anyway thanks for the information.

Thanks, Karthikeyan.V

Monday, June 11, 2012 2:06 PM
  • I guess you could vote for adjustment in further Visual Studio versions. Please vote here or feel free to post a new bug / suggestion / idea via MS Connect portal here: https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio 

Share your feedback with VS Team developers! ;)

• Edited by Dmitry Pavlov Tuesday, June 12, 2012 11:52 AM corrected typos, links
    Tuesday, June 12, 2012 11:50 AM
  • Get ReSharper and that'll tell you how many.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 12:07 PM
  • Is it a Microsoft product? Is it a tool/application? Could you please provide me any related link.

Thanks, Karthikeyan.V

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 8:47 PM