SQL Database Installation Error, RRS feed

• Question

• hello everyone,

I'm observing this error message, whenever i try to install the SQL server 2014 for PDM installation, this error is observed since, i tried to restore the database which didn't happen properly, and later the re-formatted the whole server machine, later when i tried to install SQL server I got this message.

The following error has occurred:

SQL Server detected a logical consistency-based I/O error: incorrect checksum (expected: 0xb4786bb1; actual: 0xb4f8ebb1). It occurred during a read of page (1:248) in database ID 4 at offset 0x000000001f0000 in file 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL12.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\DATA\MSDBData.mdf'.  Additional messages in the SQL Server error log or system event log may provide more detail. This is a severe error condition that threatens database integrity and must be corrected immediately. Complete a full database consistency check (DBCC CHECKDB). This error can be caused by many factors; for more information, see SQL Server Books Online.

kindly help me with the appropriate solution

Thursday, August 3, 2017 11:51 AM

Answers

• Looks like your  backup database is corrupted somehow. Can you back to the server and run DBCC CHECKDB?

I mean do you have a server from where that backup was taken? If you do not have , I doubt you would be able restore from that backup

Best Regards,Uri Dimant SQL Server MVP, http://sqlblog.com/blogs/uri_dimant/

MS SQL optimization: MS SQL Development and Optimization
    MS SQL Consulting: Large scale of database and data cleansing
    Remote DBA Services: Improves MS SQL Database Performance
    SQL Server Integration Services: Business Intelligence

Thursday, August 3, 2017 12:01 PM
  • Hello Nagesh,

Are the installation got successful ? as the error says that there might be corruption in msdb.

If installation is not successful please read the error log (SetupBootstrap\Log\), or the installation media may be corrupted. 

If you are able to connect to SQL Server then please run DBCC checkdb on MSDB.

Please Mark me as answer if my post helps you.

Br

ChetanV

Thursday, August 3, 2017 12:04 PM

All replies