Visual Studio 2013 Pro - Pending Changes comments box has vanished RRS feed

• Question

• As the title states, when I go to check in pending changes I usually have a box to enter comments. Suddenly, this box has disappeared and I can't get it back!

I tried resetting the computer, resetting the VS environment, starting VS in safe mode, and a couple other things. So far, no luck.

Any ideas what on earth could be the cause?

There should be a comments box around where the red square is.

Thursday, December 15, 2016 1:58 PM

All replies

• Hi noamo48,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to your description, your issue is about Team Explorer. Since our forum is to discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor, I will help you move it to the appropriate forum: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server Team Foundation Server - General for dedicated information, you will get a more professional support from there, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 16, 2016 5:56 AM
  • Hi noamo48,

Thank you for posting here.

First, do you install TFS Power tool? If you install TFS Power tool, uninstall and remove it.

Secondly, clean the TFS client cache on your local machine. The cache is under the path: C:\Users\***\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Team Foundation\5.0\Cache. (If you use TFS 2013, choose 5.0 folder; if you use TFS 2015, choose 6.0)

Finally, reboot your client machine.

Best regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Saturday, December 17, 2016 6:11 AM
  • Thank you for the suggestion. I tried this and it had no effect unfortunately. What else can we attempt before resorting to completely uninstalling/reinstalling?
    Monday, December 19, 2016 4:26 PM
  • have you tried to run devenv with setup parameter ?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe /setup

Please use "Mark as Answer" if my post solved your problem and use "Vote As Helpful" if a post was useful.

Monday, December 19, 2016 8:56 PM
  • I have done that. Also tried running in safe mode. Both had no effect. I'm hoping there's an alternative to completely reinstalling...
    Tuesday, December 20, 2016 2:45 PM
  • than try Craig's solution and clear the componentmodelcache:

"Pending Changes” and “Source Control Explorer” missing from Team Explorer in Visual Studio 2013

If you get this issue in VS2015 and running "C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0Common7IDEdevenv" /setup doesn't fix you issue you can try the following:

1. Close all instances of VS

2. Delete all files in C:Users<user.admin>AppDataLocalMicrosoftVisualStudio14.0ComponentModelCache

3. run "C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0Common7IDEdevenv" /setup

Please use "Mark as Answer" if my post solved your problem and use "Vote As Helpful" if a post was useful.

Tuesday, December 20, 2016 4:45 PM
  • Did not work either :(
    Wednesday, December 21, 2016 3:57 PM
  • Hi,

Is all your team projects couldn't see the comments? Could you check in code with comments using tf command?

Best regards

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, December 22, 2016 3:36 AM