none
Restored Content DB from Prod to Dev, only works on one node - anyone seen this? RRS feed

  • Question

  • I took a backup of the content db from production,

    restored it to our dev db server.

    In central admin in our dev environment, I detached the old content db, then added in the content DB I had just restored.

    The site works fine from our first node, but the second node throws an error.

    Has anyone come across this?

    I presume something must be different between the nodes, but that doesn't explain how the Old content DB worked on both?

    - Jack


    - Jack
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 6:43 PM

Answers

  • Use the PowerShell command Mount-SPContentDatabase -Name "Database_Name" -WebApplication http://sharepointUrl

    This will fix-up all of the permissions on the database, when the command is executed as a user with sysadmin rights on the SQL Server.  Don't forget to check for schema mis-match between production and development (and if there is, perform an Upgrade-SPContentDatabase or patch dev to match prod).


    http://sharepoint.nauplius.net
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 7:43 PM
    Moderator

All replies

  • Use the PowerShell command Mount-SPContentDatabase -Name "Database_Name" -WebApplication http://sharepointUrl

    This will fix-up all of the permissions on the database, when the command is executed as a user with sysadmin rights on the SQL Server.  Don't forget to check for schema mis-match between production and development (and if there is, perform an Upgrade-SPContentDatabase or patch dev to match prod).


    http://sharepoint.nauplius.net
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 7:43 PM
    Moderator
  • Thanks Trevor!
    - Jack
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 10:52 PM