none
Visual Studio + Designer

Question

• Hi everyone.

I install Visual Studio Community 2015 Update 1.

When take "New project" select C# or C++ -> Windows -> Universal Blank App everything its ok. But when i take right-click on MainPage.xaml and select Open With... XAML Designer /with Encoding nothing happens.

No errors, no reaction, no Designer.

On Tools -> Options -> XAML Designer i have ON XAML Designer

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 10:11 AM

Answers

• Hi AdamFatyga,

Please try double-click the ManPage.xaml to check whether it can open the XAML Designer. And what do you see when you open the MainPage.xaml?

If there just show XAML code, please right-click the UWP app and choose the Properties to open the Properties window. Please set the target version to Build 10240.

If there has any error message, please tell us what the detailed message information.

Then please check whether you have installed the Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.0/8.1 Tools for your Visual Studio 2015. If not, please install it from Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Visual Studio Community 2015 -> Change -> Modify.

In addition, please tell us which version of Windows you are using. As far as I know, if you create a Windows 10 app on Windows 8/8.1, the XAML designer won't load because it is not supported in low version of Windows.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Friday, March 18, 2016 9:31 AM

All replies

• Hi AdamFatyga,

Please try double-click the ManPage.xaml to check whether it can open the XAML Designer. And what do you see when you open the MainPage.xaml?

If there just show XAML code, please right-click the UWP app and choose the Properties to open the Properties window. Please set the target version to Build 10240.

If there has any error message, please tell us what the detailed message information.

Then please check whether you have installed the Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.0/8.1 Tools for your Visual Studio 2015. If not, please install it from Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Visual Studio Community 2015 -> Change -> Modify.

In addition, please tell us which version of Windows you are using. As far as I know, if you create a Windows 10 app on Windows 8/8.1, the XAML designer won't load because it is not supported in low version of Windows.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Friday, March 18, 2016 9:31 AM
  • Thanks, its work.

On new all project i must change build of target version to 10240

Friday, March 18, 2016 3:08 PM
  • Hi AdamFatyga,

I'm glad that you have resolved this issue. Please help mark the helpful reply as answer which is benefit to other communities who has the same problem.

If any questions about Visual Studio IDE in future, please feel free to come back to our forum.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Monday, March 21, 2016 1:55 AM