Large Downloads without MDM on a MAC? RRS feed

• Question

• I realize no one cares about mac users here, but it is what it is and I am forced to use mac/osx for some things - I am currently in the process of trying to rebuild my bootcamp partition with windows 8.1 - However I cannot get the 8.1 ISOs to download at ALL - they stop at 500meg, 2k, sometimes even just a few megs from finishing and NEVER complete. Obviously I can't use the MDM because it wants activeX... are there any other options? somethign that would allow me to at least resume?

-zmw

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 11:10 PM

Answers

• Sorry about the issues ZMW.  

I wish we had more options for our non-windows users, but a browser-based download is all we have available today.

Thanks,
    Mike 

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Read the Subscriptions Blog!

• Proposed as answer by Mike Kinsman Friday, September 13, 2013 6:31 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mike Kinsman Wednesday, December 4, 2013 3:35 PM
    Wednesday, September 11, 2013 7:14 PM

All replies

• and it failed once again...

Please don't bother giving me the link to HOW to use the MDM because i CAN'T and using the direct link just delivers a single use link that results in a 403 if you attempt to resume...

Honestly I've spent probably 10gB of data today trying to downloads ONE iso, only to have it fail nearly every time... Simply being able to resume without having to use something that doesn't exist on my OS would be helpful, i mean hell make the download manager in java for those of us with nothign else, I am TRYING very hard to use microsoft products here but you're making it VERY difficult.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 11:22 PM
  • Sorry about the issues ZMW.  

I wish we had more options for our non-windows users, but a browser-based download is all we have available today.

Thanks,
    Mike 

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Read the Subscriptions Blog!

• Proposed as answer by Mike Kinsman Friday, September 13, 2013 6:31 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mike Kinsman Wednesday, December 4, 2013 3:35 PM
    Wednesday, September 11, 2013 7:14 PM