Request for on Azure ADF CI/CD Custom parameters RRS feed

• Question

• Suppose ADF pipeline has a For-each activity. Inside for each activity contains a "WebActivity". I am trying generate custom parameter to set web activity url property. As this web activity is inside the For-each activity,the below code is unable create custom parameter for web activity ( which is inside the for-each). Could you please suggest how create custom parameters in this case.
    Note:- Below code works for all the activities which are not in For-Each.

"Microsoft.DataFactory/factories/pipelines": {
            "properties": {
                "activities": [{
                    "typeProperties": {               
                        "headers": "=::object",
                        "url": "="                     
                    }
                }]
            }
        }

I used below link to create custom parameters. Please suggest how generate custom parameters for all activities inside "For-Each"

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-factory/continuous-integration-deployment#use-custom-parameters-with-the-resource-manager-template

• Edited by Asgaralim Thursday, February 27, 2020 11:23 PM
    Thursday, February 27, 2020 11:22 PM

Answers

• I created a ADF pipeline. The pipeline has For-each activity. Inside the For-Each activity has Web Activity. I want to create a  custom parameter for web activity so that i can set the URL during Azure DevOps deployment. The above code does not exposes the Web URL. It only creates custom parameters for activities at first level ( not for recursive).

Please suggest how to do it.

well..! I further investigated the issue. I used below code to set custom parameter. I used nested activity in json template. with this i am able to create custom parameter and set from value during CI/CD. Please review and let me know your comments.

Wednesday, March 4, 2020 7:02 AM

All replies

• Hello Asgaralim , 

Just to make sure that we understand the question , you are trying to pass custom parameters to a  webactivity . We were a bit unclear as the title said that you are trying to implement something on CI/CD . Can you please provide more details .

Thanks Himanshu

Tuesday, March 3, 2020 6:04 PM
  • I created a ADF pipeline. The pipeline has For-each activity. Inside the For-Each activity has Web Activity. I want to create a  custom parameter for web activity so that i can set the URL during Azure DevOps deployment. The above code does not exposes the Web URL. It only creates custom parameters for activities at first level ( not for recursive).

Please suggest how to do it.

well..! I further investigated the issue. I used below code to set custom parameter. I used nested activity in json template. with this i am able to create custom parameter and set from value during CI/CD. Please review and let me know your comments.

Wednesday, March 4, 2020 7:02 AM