How CA certificates are handled for SSL communication in Windows8.1

Question

• I am developing a metro app and I have used IXMLHttpRequest2 for HTTP/HTTPS communications.

For which I want to know information about following queries,

1. How to use own root CA certificate for SSL communication.

2. Does IXMLHttpRequest2 downloads latest server Certificates or not.

3. How CRLs are handled by WinRT SSL APIs?

4. Does IXMLHttpRequest2 downloads the latest CRL and verify them internally?

- If it doesn't, how developer could prepare the latest CRL and verify certificates? 

Thank you very much for the help in advance.

Friday, April 04, 2014 8:48 AM

All replies

• Hi Ajay - this interface is/should be identical to the desktop API.  Are you noticing any differences which are causing you to ask this question?

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Friday, April 04, 2014 12:32 PM
  • Hi Matt,

Thanks for the quick response. We could get that the behavior will be similar to Desktop apps from MSDN but we are not able to find any info that describes the support for all the points mentioned above clearly.

Can you please share any link or let us know where can we find the appropriate information about all the points mentioned above.

Additionally we are unable to find if IXMLHttpRequest2 interface supports automatic download and checking of CRL.

Request you to kindly help on the same.

Thanks in advance.

Monday, April 07, 2014 8:14 AM