Error- Could not load type 'Webapplication1.Global'. RRS feed

• Question

• User137322295 posted

I cannot build application and getting below error. Psl help

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State Error Could not load type 'Webapplication1.Global'. D:\Projects\Webapplication1\Global.asax 1 

Tuesday, April 2, 2019 8:53 AM

Answers

• User137322295 posted

This was a project file issue. The project has created as web Application but while check out from version control it was changing to website. I removed ".../.vbproj.webinfo" file from the source. which was making the convert issue. now its working fine.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, April 12, 2019 7:10 AM

All replies

• User36583972 posted

Hi sreenatht,

I cannot build application and getting below error. Psl help

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State Error Could not load type 'Webapplication1.Global'. D:\Projects\Webapplication1\Global.asax 1 

You can try to check the class name with Namespace you specified in your Global.asax is correct and matching with your Global.asax.cs.

Also, Web site projects work differently from web application projects. Website type projects do not have CodeBehind files instead have CodeFile.

The following links for your reference.

could not load type <MyNameSpace>.Global
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7095658/could-not-load-type-mynamespace-global

Best Regards

Yong Lu

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 7:34 AM
  • User137322295 posted

This was a project file issue. The project has created as web Application but while check out from version control it was changing to website. I removed ".../.vbproj.webinfo" file from the source. which was making the convert issue. now its working fine.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, April 12, 2019 7:10 AM