none
Can we customise the images with some drivers as one image and some other drivers as second image?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

How to customise the images to build some drivers in one image and some other drivers in second image.Can we do this?

Regards,srikanth

srikanth

Tuesday, January 9, 2018 11:45 AM

Answers

• 1. Simple way might be, to create two images is to use seperate OS Design. Manage the BIB to handle this for your use. That is, include/exclude the lines that you need/don't need. So OSDesign1 generates NK1.bin, and OSDesign2 generates NK2.bin.

2. Modify your OS binary flashing method to accommodate both the binaries. Modify your eboot to load any of these binaries and give option in eboot to load the NK.bin you need.

You can do dual boot.

• Edited by Keshava GN Wednesday, January 10, 2018 5:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by srikanth1792 Wednesday, January 10, 2018 9:36 AM
    Wednesday, January 10, 2018 5:20 AM
  • Huh?  You will need to tell us a lot more detail about what you want to do, and it wouldn't hurt to tell us why.

Answering the question that you asked:  Yes you can do that.  You will need to set up separate BIB files and get familiar with how they are used so that you can manually run the right commands at the right time.

Can you use these images for something - I don't know because you haven't told us anything.

Bruce Eitman
    Senior Engineer
    Bruce.Eitman AT Synopsys DOT com
    My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman
    I work for Synopsys

Tuesday, January 9, 2018 1:59 PM

All replies

• Hi,

1.I want to build two images nk1.bin and nk2.bin how to do this?

2.I want to run the images like dual boot how to do this?

Regards,srikanth.

Tuesday, January 9, 2018 6:34 AM
  • Huh?  You will need to tell us a lot more detail about what you want to do, and it wouldn't hurt to tell us why.

Answering the question that you asked:  Yes you can do that.  You will need to set up separate BIB files and get familiar with how they are used so that you can manually run the right commands at the right time.

Can you use these images for something - I don't know because you haven't told us anything.

Bruce Eitman
    Senior Engineer
    I work for Synopsys

Tuesday, January 9, 2018 1:59 PM
  • 1. Simple way might be, to create two images is to use seperate OS Design. Manage the BIB to handle this for your use. That is, include/exclude the lines that you need/don't need. So OSDesign1 generates NK1.bin, and OSDesign2 generates NK2.bin.

2. Modify your OS binary flashing method to accommodate both the binaries. Modify your eboot to load any of these binaries and give option in eboot to load the NK.bin you need.

You can do dual boot.

• Edited by Keshava GN Wednesday, January 10, 2018 5:21 AM
    Wednesday, January 10, 2018 5:20 AM
  • Hi keshav,

I am new to this wince platform can you explain me somewhat clearly if you don't mine...I am working on wince 13.

srikanth

• Edited by srikanth1792 Wednesday, January 10, 2018 10:07 AM
    Wednesday, January 10, 2018 9:30 AM
  • Hi Bruse,

Actually I want to build two images and I want to customize that images in such a way that one image will contain some set of drivers and second image will have another set of drivers.Is it possible to customize the images like that and if possible how to do that?  and how to run that images as a dual boot is my question.

srikanth

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 9:36 AM
  • srikanth

You need to learn about:

1. BIB files
    2. makeimg
    3. fmerge
    4. romimage
    5. OSDesign

All are things that you can Google.  These forums are not meant to be training classes.

Those will give you the information that you need to create your unique images.  Then you, and only you, will need to study your bootloader and design the algorithms to:

1. Store the image files on your device
    2. Determine with image file to run
    3. Load and run the selected image file.

Bruce Eitman
    Senior Engineer
    I work for Synopsys

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 1:37 PM