Approval workflow with extra workflow RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

i'm playing around with Sharepoint 2007 and workflows.

I'm trying to accomplish the following:

Fill a form, and save this form to a doc lib.

If the user is a manager, the form should automatically be approved and sent to X.

If the user is not a manager, the form should be sent to the manager, and the manager should approve and then send the form to X.

I have tried with the normalt Approval Workflow, but this only does some of it.

I have tried to work with workflows in SPD, but i can't get this to work, everytime the item is changed.

And i also want to be able to review every changes in the entire flow.

Jakob Olsen
    Monday, November 21, 2011 2:47 PM

Answers

• HI,

We have implemented a similar logic in our environment. What I would suggest you to create a manager usergroup.

Add your managers into this group. When the workflow is initiated a check should be carried out whether the current logged in user is the part of that group or not. 

Based on this result there should be two branches in your workflow. You can design a single entity for file movement since you will be using that in both the branches. So based on result you can go for a direct copy and in other branch it should send alerts for approval and once it gets approved it should call same entity.

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 3:37 AM

All replies

• HI,

We have implemented a similar logic in our environment. What I would suggest you to create a manager usergroup.

Add your managers into this group. When the workflow is initiated a check should be carried out whether the current logged in user is the part of that group or not. 

Based on this result there should be two branches in your workflow. You can design a single entity for file movement since you will be using that in both the branches. So based on result you can go for a direct copy and in other branch it should send alerts for approval and once it gets approved it should call same entity.

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 3:37 AM
  • Have you designed the entire workflow in Sharepoint Designer ?
    Jakob Olsen
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 7:26 AM