none
Sending Custom Security Token Values within WCF Router Service RRS feed

• Question

• How do you write a WCF service.model extension for use within a WCF router service to programmatically provide custom client token values?

How do you add a matching authenticator for custom client tokens in a WCF router service for inbound requests (for test)?

I need to send requests through a WCF router service to an external web service hosted by a DataPower appliance. This web service requires a security header in the client request message like the following:

<!-- xmlns:oas="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-secext-1.0.xsd" -->
    <oas:Security>
      <oas:UsernameToken>
        <oas:Username>MyUserName</oas:Username>
        <oas:Password>MyPassword</oas:Password>
        <oas:orgID>MyOrgID</oas:orgID>
      </oas:UsernameToken>
    </oas:Security>

The WCF router service is configured to accept inbound requests authenticated with X.509 certificates over net.TCP.

The requests must be routed outbound to an external web service using HTTPS with 3 custom tokens for client authentication: Username, Password and orgID.

I am trying to use a WCF service.model extension DLL combined with configuration settings in web.config to inject the custom token values required into client requests for client authentication by the target web service within the WCF router service.

I have some experience writing WCF service.model extension DLLs.

I also know how to write a WCF client to send the custom security token values in a request directly to the web service.

I don't know how to provide a WCF service.model extension DLL to inject the custom token values into the security header for each client request that is being routed within the WCF router service.

The WCF router service is deployed on Windows Server 2012 R2, IIS 8.5 with .NET 4.5.

I am using bindings ws2007HttpBinding for the endpoints facing the DataPower appliance.

Can I use the WCF router service to do the above or must I write a service with its own forwarding client?

Monday, October 27, 2014 11:09 PM

All replies

• Hi David Faulkner,

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 6:20 AM