DynamicFilterForm Query String URL RRS feed

• Question

• User-418270074 posted

Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post here about the Catalyst.Web.DynamicData controls, but I was wondering whether someone could tell me how I make this produce query string driven links to allow users to return a filtered view via bookmark or URL as is stated on the CodePlex page (http://www.codeplex.com/DynamicDataFiltering)?

"The DynamicFilterForm (shown below) uses FilterTemplates, similar to FieldTemplates within Dynamic Data to generate the search inputs. The DynamicFilterForm also has the ability to create query string driven links to allow users to return to a filtered view via bookmark or URL."

I have a boolean field as one of my filters and I would ideally like to filter by all those which are 'true' or 'false' just by navigating to an URL.

Thanks

Rob

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 8:50 AM

Answers

• User1024101778 posted

Rob,

Take a look at the browse command within DynamicFilterForm.  It will produce a url which allows for 'deep linking' search queries.

<asp:Button CommandName="Browse" runat="server">Browse</asp:Button>

Josh

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, November 11, 2008 3:22 PM

All replies

• User1024101778 posted

Rob,

Take a look at the browse command within DynamicFilterForm.  It will produce a url which allows for 'deep linking' search queries.

<asp:Button CommandName="Browse" runat="server">Browse</asp:Button>

Josh

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, November 11, 2008 3:22 PM
  • User-418270074 posted

Ah! Superb, thank you, I don't think I would have found that otherwise.

This is probably stating the obvious, but incase someone else needs something like this in the future this is what I ended up with for my dynamic filter repeater.

<asp:DynamicFilterRepeater DataSourceID="GridDataSource" ID="DynamicFilterRepeater1" runat="server"> 

<HeaderTemplate> 

<div>Search</div> 

</HeaderTemplate> 

<ItemTemplate> 

<div> 

<asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("DisplayName") %>'></asp:Label>

<asp:DynamicFilterControl ID="DynamicFilter" runat="server"> </asp:DynamicFilterControl> 

</div> 

</ItemTemplate> 

<FooterTemplate> 

<div> 

<asp:Button ID="SearchButton" runat="server" CommandName="Search" Text="Search"></asp:Button>

<asp:Button ID="ClearButton" runat="server" CommandName="Clear" Text="Clear"></asp:Button> 

<asp:Button ID="BrowseButton" CommandName="Browse" runat="server" Text="Browse"></asp:Button>

</div> 

</FooterTemplate>

</asp:DynamicFilterRepeater>

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 4:45 AM