SSRS: Using different datasets for the same matrix RRS feed

• Question

• User1630393281 posted

Hello,

I have a report with a filter parameter "Activity" with two possible values to choose: Command Or Delivery.

We have two kinds of CA: purchase orders CA and delivered orders  CA

I have a matrix where I calculate the CA of  purchase orders which is taken from a dataset named "COMMANDS_DS".

I have another dataset where I have the CA of delivered orders which is named "DELIVERY_DS".

If I choose the Activity "Command" in the filter then I want that  "purchase orders CA" to be displayed. So, my matrix  must be based on the "COMMANDS_DS" dataset .

If I choose the Activity "Delivery" in the filter then I want that  "delivered orders  CA" to be displayed. So, my matrix  must be based on the "COMMANDS_DS" dataset .

Is there a way that my matrix be able to choose one of the two datasets depending the "Activity" chosen ?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Tuesday, February 4, 2020 9:36 PM

All replies

• User665608656 posted

Hi szejli,

According to your needs, you can add all fields of both datasets to the same matrix, and use these two parameter values to determine which fields are displayed and which are hidden.

Show or Hide SSRS column based on specific parameter value

If allowed, you can create two matrices to bind each dataset, and use parameters to decide which matrix to show or hide.

Best Regards,

YongQing.

Wednesday, February 5, 2020 8:51 AM
  • User1630393281 posted

Thank you for this response.

For the first suggestion, all the fields should be in the same dataset as the matrix can not be based on two different datasets  but I have two different datasets.

How can I do this ?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Wednesday, February 5, 2020 9:35 AM
  • User665608656 posted

Hi szejli,

If this is the case, then according to my point of view, the second is a simpler and more convenient method.

You can create two matrices and bind two datasets respectively, and control which one is displayed or hidden by the parameter value.

Best Regards,

YongQing.

Thursday, February 6, 2020 9:12 AM