I've deleted my package folder from local machine. How to remange it? RRS feed

• Question

•  From out of blue, I manually deleted one of my app package from local machine. (it stores all packages somewhere down C:/users/username/.../packages). Now whenever try to debug this project from Visual studio, I get this error: 'unable to activate windows store app'..  .....

'specified path not found'...

I tried to deploy the project and debug again and again, but same problem. How to recover it?

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 7:43 PM

Answers

• Do this :

1. Close any open apps that you have --> Left top corner of your screen will show the apps open.

2. Uninstall the app from the start screen

3. Run from VS to deploy the app again and it should work...

If it still throws error.. Do the first 2 steps.. restart your machine and do the 3rd step.

- Girija

Please mark responses as answered if it helped you.. This helps others... - Girija Shankar Beuria

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 11:20 PM

All replies

• Hi, did you try uninstalling the App (on the Start screen, right click, Uninstall) and then firing the Debug again so it forces a new install?
    Wednesday, May 29, 2013 6:35 PM
  • Do this :

1. Close any open apps that you have --> Left top corner of your screen will show the apps open.

2. Uninstall the app from the start screen

3. Run from VS to deploy the app again and it should work...

If it still throws error.. Do the first 2 steps.. restart your machine and do the 3rd step.

- Girija

Please mark responses as answered if it helped you.. This helps others... - Girija Shankar Beuria

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 11:20 PM