none
ACE.OLEDB and 255 Column Limit RRS feed

• Question

• SQL is amazing. Excel is amazing. Being able to make a connection to an Excel worksheet using ACE.OLEDB is amazing. Having a 255 column limit due to Microsoft Access is not amazing. I want nothing to do with Access. SQL Server (>*Big Int) Access. Now my main point here isn't bashing Access. I simply hate being hamstrung in Excel due to the ACE.OLEDB engine's tie-ins to Access when Excel has long exceeded the 255 column limit (2007 Excel). I almost with Access didn't exist, maybe this entire 255 column limit wouldn't exist.

-RLB

• Edited by Rich RLB Tuesday, August 9, 2016 2:51 AM
    Tuesday, August 9, 2016 2:50 AM

Answers

• Hi RLB,

>>I simply hate being hamstrung in Excel due to the ACE.OLEDB engine's tie-ins to Access when Excel has long exceeded the 255 column limit (2007 Excel).

255 column limitation is limit for ACE.OLEDB provider instead of Excel or Access. For a workaround, I think you could try split Excel sheet into 2 sources, and then connect to these two data sources.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 2:11 AM