Still getting the install prompt on a trusted VSTO addin? RRS feed

• Question

• I've got a VSTO addin (application level, Excel 2007), signed it with a cert from makecert and added that cert to trusted root certification authorities group. When I run Excel I'm hoping it will silently install without showing the prompt. However I still get the prompt but now it says the "Publisher has been verified" Install/Don't Install.

I read that if I trust the addin this prompt should not appear?

Can anyone help me surpress this dialog box?

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 9:20 AM

Answers

• I thought about the inclusion list but I beleive it is specific to a particular user? My addin is installed for all users on a machine. I've got round my problem by placing the certificate in both the root and trusted publishers location.
    • Marked as answer by Mary Lee - MSFT Thursday, September 30, 2010 11:25 PM
    Wednesday, September 29, 2010 1:18 PM

All replies

• Hello Mark,

Thanks for posting. Have you check the Mary Lee's reply in this thread: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/vsto/thread/514d6278-d7df-47c1-9e11-08a5a4c43ca4.

It introduces that way to create an inclusion list entry to trust VSTO solution. For this part, you also could refer to this article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc616991(office.12).aspx#VSTO3Solutions2_HandlingTrustasPartoftheInstallation.

If this post does not help you, or you have any concern for this post, just feel free to follow up. Have a nice day.

Best regards,
    Bessie Zhao - MSFT
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback of our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Wednesday, September 29, 2010 3:31 AM
  • I thought about the inclusion list but I beleive it is specific to a particular user? My addin is installed for all users on a machine. I've got round my problem by placing the certificate in both the root and trusted publishers location.
    • Marked as answer by Mary Lee - MSFT Thursday, September 30, 2010 11:25 PM
    Wednesday, September 29, 2010 1:18 PM
  • hi Mark,

that is oorrect: the cert must be in the root and trusted publishers groups to not show the trust prompt.  if the cert is only in the trusted publishers group, then at least your publisher name will appear in the trust prompt with a green check mark.

m.

Thursday, September 30, 2010 11:26 PM