Classic ASP in Windows Server 8 / IIS8 RRS feed

• Question

• User-1165019301 posted
    Is Classic ASP available in Windows Server 8 / IIS8?
    Thursday, March 1, 2012 9:21 AM

Answers

• User-1499466209 posted

Finally, it's a definitive YES...

The Web Server (IIS) role in Windows Server “8” Beta provides a secure, easy-to-manage, modular and extensible platform for reliably hosting websites, services, and applications. With IIS 8 you can share information with users on the Internet, an intranet, or an extranet. IIS 8 is a unified web platform that integrates IIS, ASP.NET, FTP services, PHP, and Windows Communication Foundation (WCF).

The following list shows just some of the benefits you get by using IIS 8:

1. Maximize web security through a reduced server foot print and automatic application isolation.

2. Easily deploy and run ASP.NET, classic ASP, and PHP web applications on the same server.

3. Achieve application isolation by giving worker processes a unique identity and sandboxed configuration by default, further reducing security risks.

4. Easily add, remove, and even replace built-in IIS components with custom modules, suited for customer needs.

5. Speed up your website through built-in dynamic caching and enhanced compression.

> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831725.aspx

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Tuesday, September 28, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, March 2, 2012 6:25 AM

All replies

• User-1499466209 posted

It's part of the logo, so the asnwer is : YES.

[img]http://www.iislogs.com/images/iis-8.png[/img]

Thursday, March 1, 2012 10:54 AM
  • User-1165019301 posted
    That's positive news, but it's not a definitive answer, especially when it's underneath two others in the logo, so it is barely readable. Windows Server 8 Beta is out. Hasn't anyone tried it yet? Have I got to download it and install it to find out a definitive answer?
    Friday, March 2, 2012 5:28 AM
  • User-1499466209 posted

I think it's "nearly" definitive, I can see it 90% sure in the logo.

And then, ther no good reason for Microsoft to give up classic ASP. I will give a try this weekend so my definitive answer will occur monday.

Friday, March 2, 2012 6:23 AM
  • User-1499466209 posted

Finally, it's a definitive YES...

The Web Server (IIS) role in Windows Server “8” Beta provides a secure, easy-to-manage, modular and extensible platform for reliably hosting websites, services, and applications. With IIS 8 you can share information with users on the Internet, an intranet, or an extranet. IIS 8 is a unified web platform that integrates IIS, ASP.NET, FTP services, PHP, and Windows Communication Foundation (WCF).

The following list shows just some of the benefits you get by using IIS 8:

1. Maximize web security through a reduced server foot print and automatic application isolation.

2. Easily deploy and run ASP.NET, classic ASP, and PHP web applications on the same server.

3. Achieve application isolation by giving worker processes a unique identity and sandboxed configuration by default, further reducing security risks.

4. Easily add, remove, and even replace built-in IIS components with custom modules, suited for customer needs.

5. Speed up your website through built-in dynamic caching and enhanced compression.

> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831725.aspx

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Tuesday, September 28, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, March 2, 2012 6:25 AM
  • User-1165019301 posted
    Ah!  Great, thanks for clearing that up.
    Friday, March 2, 2012 11:06 AM