none
SMDK6410 FMD-FAL Problem RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using Win ce 6.0 SMDK6410 Bsp from samsung REL. 0.79.

I'm porting an already functional  BACKUP/RESTORE Application software from a Win Ce 5.0 au1500 MIPS Board to s3c6410 Win Ce 6.0 board and I have noted a strange thing during RESTORE process to NAND Flash: after a lot of DeleteFile / DeleteDir calls , during a creation of new files and dirs, the API WriteFile fail with  DISK FULL error even if there is a lot of space on it.

I've tried to reformat the Flash disk with FAT / FAT32 / TFAT file systems but nothing changed. (the only thing I noted is that if the original Directory deletion doesn't occurs , the restore error doesn't happen)  

That problem could be related to Bad Block and wearing handling on NAND Flash driver?

I think it's a problem related to Flash driver because the RESTORE procedure stress a lot the filesystem/FLASH Disk driver.  

- Starting with a formatted

Monday, November 8, 2010 4:42 PM

Answers

• The problem was solved in a QFE Update, it was caused  by the Block Manager routine  in FMD  driver the doesn't handle properly the blocks that can be reused after a file deletion.
    • Marked as answer by Fringuello Saturday, October 22, 2011 8:37 AM
    Saturday, October 22, 2011 8:37 AM

All replies

• Are you up to date on your QFEs?  There have been some related to the file system...
    Dean Ramsier eMVP BSQUARE Corporation
    Wednesday, November 10, 2010 5:11 PM
  • The problem mostly in Flash driver you implemented in WINCE 6.0.

Make sure that Sector information structure is stored in spare area of the NAND flash, which won't cause any problem for checking the BAD block information mark for the corresponding NAND flash.

Which NAND flash you are using, small page or large page? Who is the vendor?

Thanks & best regards, Prasad K R S V
    Tuesday, November 30, 2010 9:58 AM
  • The problem was solved in a QFE Update, it was caused  by the Block Manager routine  in FMD  driver the doesn't handle properly the blocks that can be reused after a file deletion.
    • Marked as answer by Fringuello Saturday, October 22, 2011 8:37 AM
    Saturday, October 22, 2011 8:37 AM