none
excelado.exe which has to be present in kb278973 RRS feed

Answers

• Hi,

This is the forum to discuss questions and feedback for Microsoft Office, I'll move your question to the MSDN forum for ADO

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=adodotnetdataproviders

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

George Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by atchutanand Friday, September 27, 2013 9:08 AM
    Friday, September 27, 2013 5:26 AM
  • Okey, the I found the article and read it.

However, the attachment(ExcelADO.exe) actually is a program written by the ADO. In its summary, you can see it:

The ExcelADO.exe sample illustrates how you can use ActiveX Data Objects (ADO) with the Microsoft Jet OLE DB 4.0 Provider to read and write data in Microsoft Excel workbooks.

In the sample, it does not provide the insert method and eventually it still uses the ADO. 

You can write a program using ADO and  compile it into a EXE named XXX.exe and then you can use the EXE, too.

Regards.

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, September 27, 2013 9:51 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This is the forum to discuss questions and feedback for Microsoft Office, I'll move your question to the MSDN forum for ADO

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=adodotnetdataproviders

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

George Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, September 27, 2013 5:26 AM
  • Hello,

If I am a bit confused about the ‘adors.addnew’. If is it the ADO AddNew() method?

If it is, so you want to know how to add new record into excel with ADO AddNew().

There is a link regarding it:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314763

You can find a complete sample on it.

And about the ADO, actually it is so old that we do not support now.

To operate the Office file, I recommend you use the ADO.NET. It is easier and more effective than ADO.

There is a sample showing operation the Excel File using ADO.NET:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/lazydeveloper/archive/2010/03/15/using-ado-net-to-work-with-excel-files.aspx

Thank &Regards.

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Unmarked as answer by atchutanand Friday, September 27, 2013 9:18 AM
    Friday, September 27, 2013 6:34 AM
  • sorry to not be clear,but my intension is to say that the attachment(ExcelADO.exe) which they  were  referring to is not present on this page....kb278973 article of microsoft

Friday, September 27, 2013 9:17 AM
  • Okey, the I found the article and read it.

However, the attachment(ExcelADO.exe) actually is a program written by the ADO. In its summary, you can see it:

The ExcelADO.exe sample illustrates how you can use ActiveX Data Objects (ADO) with the Microsoft Jet OLE DB 4.0 Provider to read and write data in Microsoft Excel workbooks.

In the sample, it does not provide the insert method and eventually it still uses the ADO. 

You can write a program using ADO and  compile it into a EXE named XXX.exe and then you can use the EXE, too.

Regards.

Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Friday, September 27, 2013 9:51 AM