none
OneNote missing 'Trusted Apps Catalogs' RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to develop an add-in for OneNote using the following guide: https://dev.office.com/docs/add-ins/onenote/onenote-add-ins-getting-started

For testing purposes, sideloading the app is recommended (as shown here: https://dev.office.com/docs/add-ins/testing/create-a-network-shared-folder-catalog-for-task-pane-and-content-add-ins).

What I've discovered is that the OneNote Trust Center does not list the Trusted Apps Catalogs in order to implement sideloading. Even though all my other MS Office products do.

I'm finding this frustrating, given that I have a license for MS Office Professional Plus 2013 -thus access to OneNote Desktop- through my company, but do not have access to OneNote Online (I receive the message "Sorry, we can't seem to get your notebooks right now. Please finish setting up your account and try again."). Is OneNote Online the only option for testing OneNote add-ins?

Thanks,

-Rudy

• Edited by R_R_L Monday, July 17, 2017 2:31 PM Title correction
    Monday, July 17, 2017 2:31 PM

All replies

• Hi R_R_L,

if you visit the second link mentioned by you then you will find that link is only for Word, Excel, or PowerPoint add-in on Windows.

there is another link that I pointed by the arrow.

if we visit that link.

Sideload Office Add-ins in Office Online for testing

you will find Note below.

so it will only work for Word , Excel and Powerpoint.

so from the documentation , its looks like currently it is not possible to side load One Note Addin.

if you think that OneNote should provide feature to side load addin then you can try to provide the feedback regarding this feature request to user voice.

please visit link below to submit your feedback.

Welcome to OneNote’s Suggestion Box!

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 5:52 AM