Exchange Integration not working PS 2010 - Exchange 2007 SP2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to do exchange integration with Project server 2010. I am currently running Exchange 2007 SP2 in another Server. I ran the commands mentioned in microsoft technet in exchange server and edited the users in Project server also. It gave me correct output when i ran the script in Exchange server.

Still no result and no errors. But when i check in Central Administartion under Manage Servers in this farm it is showing that Exchange Not configured and Status as No Action Required.

Please help. 

Thanks & Regards, Benno
    Sunday, November 14, 2010 10:24 AM

Answers

• Hi Carlo, yes you do, you need to input the SMTP server address for the SMTP server, for emails to be sent to a resource when as assignement is published.

There are three areas that can use Exchange

1. Alerts from lists within a Project Site (basically alerts from sharepoint) -- you need to set an outgoing mail server in SharePoint.

2. Alerts to assignments, you need to do as I said above.

3. Task integration - commonly known as Exchange integration - all the steps are on technet. (remember to enable each user within Project Web App

Ben Howard [MVP] blog | web
    Monday, November 22, 2010 6:52 AM
  • Hi Carlo,

If you have configured everything as suggested, then it should work.  If not, any errors you are getting will appear in the Q, the ULS logs, or both.  That is now the place to start.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 12:41 PM

All replies

• Please check the Project Server queue for errors.
    Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Sunday, November 14, 2010 4:32 PM
  • The exchange configuration in Central Administration is purely to do with SharePoint sending/recieving emails and alerts, and has nothing to do with Project Server 2010 and Exchange integration. 

Have you assinged some new tasks to the resources you enabled and have you checked their outlook tasks?

Sunday, November 14, 2010 10:56 PM
  • Hi Christophe thanks for the response, we dont have any error in Project Server queue.

Hi Ben, thanks for the response, we have assigned tasks and we have checked the resource outlook tasks, but nothing is there. We also want to know how would resources be notified thru email about any notification coming from project server 2010? Do we need to do any other configuration apart from the document regarding exchange server 2007 integration with Project Server 2010?

Hoping you can help us.

Thanks and Regards,

Carlo

Monday, November 22, 2010 6:15 AM
  • Hi Carlo, yes you do, you need to input the SMTP server address for the SMTP server, for emails to be sent to a resource when as assignement is published.

There are three areas that can use Exchange

1. Alerts from lists within a Project Site (basically alerts from sharepoint) -- you need to set an outgoing mail server in SharePoint.

2. Alerts to assignments, you need to do as I said above.

3. Task integration - commonly known as Exchange integration - all the steps are on technet. (remember to enable each user within Project Web App

Monday, November 22, 2010 6:52 AM
  • Hi Ben,

We have done the three areas that you have mentioned.

Our Exchange server administrator provided us two smtp server for us to use, I can ping both of the SMTP server successfully.

Regarding the alerts and reminders we have configure it in the server settings and in the sharepoint central administration outgoing email settings, but still notification is not coming to the outlook of any epm resource. We have done this setup successfully in all our Project Server 2007 deployment. Only now when we  implement Project Server 2010 it is not working.

Regarding Task Integration, We have followed all the steps indicated in technet with out any error including running some scripts which is also mentioned in technet.

link: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee782548.aspx

As of the moment we are still assigning some new tasks , issues, risks, and deliverables but still no email notification or task integration happening. =(

Hope you can give us some more advise.

thanks and regards,

Carlo

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 4:19 AM
  • Hi Carlo,

If you have configured everything as suggested, then it should work.  If not, any errors you are getting will appear in the Q, the ULS logs, or both.  That is now the place to start.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 12:41 PM
  • Hi Ben,

Please find the ULS Log below:

11/28/2010 11:30:01.02  OWSTIMER.EXE (0x0CD4)                    0x13E4 Web Analytics Services         Logging Services               c2h9 Medium   Usage Logging Importer: Exception occured while retrieving profiling information for the user=dm_master_dom\epm_mikhbal: Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.UserNotFoundException: An error was encountered while retrieving the user profile.     at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.UserProfileCache.GetUserData(UserProfileManager objManager, Nullable`1 recordId, Guid gAcct, String strAcct, Byte[] bSid, String strEmail, Boolean doNotResolveToMasterAccount)     at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.UserProfile.RetrieveUser(String strAcct, Guid gAcct, Byte[] bSid, Nullable`1 recordId, Boolean doNotResolveToMasterAccount, Boolean loadFullProfile)     at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.UserProfile..ctor(UserProfileManager objManager, String strAcct, Boolean doNotResolveToMasterAccount, ... 7e79e29b-885f-4409-848e-ae219a68a69b

Thanks & Regards, Benno
    Sunday, November 28, 2010 7:43 AM
  • Hi Carlo,

I'm afraid I can help no further on this forum.  Good luck.

Sunday, November 28, 2010 12:54 PM
  • Anyways we have raised this issue with Microsoft. Lets see how the things will go. Thanks to all.
    Thanks & Regards, Benno
    Tuesday, December 7, 2010 9:40 AM