none
net framework RRS feed

• Question

• What is net framework and do i need it. I have an old comp and net framework is taking up all my space. My comp is only 2GB and i have very little programmes on it because it tells me i have no more space. The space is taken up with network 1.. 2.. and3. Can i uninstall and get rid of them? i dont use networking at all so do i need them? when i try to uninstall, it wont let me.  HELP PLEASE
    joy
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 5:37 PM

Answers

• From a users perspective, the .NET Framework is a managed environment in which your Windows programs run.

Therefore, the programs you use regularly require a .NET Framework. Without it, many of your programs will not work. The multiple versions are probably necessary because different programs are/were designed to work with different Framework versions. The desisions made by designers and developers of the software you use determine what Framework version(s) are needed. You cannot, as a user, change the requirements.

You mention that you have only "2 GB". That is probably the main memory your computer uses to run programs. Your programs, and the .NET Frameworks they need are stored on your hard drive when not running. If you are low on herd drive space, I suggest you ask about *safe* ways to recover space in the Microsoft Answers forums for your version of Windows, here:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

I also recommend that you do not attempt to remove any .NET Frameworks from your computer, as you risk disabling programs you use.

Thursday, June 2, 2011 1:20 AM