none
Array parameters with asdk adapter RRS feed

• Question

• How are array parameters consumed in for instance biztalk? The add adapter service reference plugin generates two xsd files, one is the "standard" xsd and the other is defining the arrays. So when I want to consume this adapter in an orchestration in Biztalk, how should I do? Do I need two receive shapes and two receive ports and then somehow correlate these two xml files based on these two xsdTongue Tied? Any examples on consuming adapters with array parameters are most welcome!

And how are the response messages generated by the adapter supposed look like? Is the adapter supposed to generate two separate files just like the consume adapter service plugin did? How does an xml file with an array parameter look like? Again, examples are most welcome!
    Tuesday, March 11, 2008 3:52 PM

Answers

• Your message should be:

<methodresponse>
      <elem1>1</elem1>
      <elem2>2</elem2>
      <elem3array xmlns:c="http://schemas.microsoft.com/2003/10/Serialization/Arrays">
        <cTongue Tiedtring>AAA</cTongue Tiedtring>
        <cTongue Tiedtring>BBB</cTongue Tiedtring>
      </elem3array>
    </methodresponse>

Thursday, March 20, 2008 1:07 AM

All replies

• You need to have just a single xml file, which maps to the main XSD. You can right click the XSD in your BizTalk project - there is an option to generate a sample instance file. From that it should be clear how the xml file will look like.
    Wednesday, March 12, 2008 5:13 PM
  • Yeah I know about the generate instance feature, it seems that I format the message correctly but there is something else that is wrong.

Im returning this message from the adapter to the client (namespaces omitted):

<methodresponse>
    <elem1>1</elem1>
    <elem2>2</elem2>
    <elem3array>
    <string>AAA</string>
    <string>BBB</string>
    </elem3array>
    </methodresponse>

where <elem3array> is the array type containing strings.

In Im using BizTalk as a client and in the BTS Administration Console under BizTalk Group I get an error saying: "An internal server error was encountered while attempting to transmit the message"

What does this error message mean and does it have anything to do with arrays?
    Tuesday, March 18, 2008 9:05 AM
  • Your message should be:

<methodresponse>
      <elem1>1</elem1>
      <elem2>2</elem2>
      <elem3array xmlns:c="http://schemas.microsoft.com/2003/10/Serialization/Arrays">
        <cTongue Tiedtring>AAA</cTongue Tiedtring>
        <cTongue Tiedtring>BBB</cTongue Tiedtring>
      </elem3array>
    </methodresponse>

Thursday, March 20, 2008 1:07 AM